Skip to content
- What time does the school day begin and end?
- Elementary students (grades Pre-K to 6th) begin their day at 8:30 AM and end at 3:15 PM.
- High school students (grades 7-12) begin their day at 8:30 AM and end at 3:15 PM.
- Does CCA provide care for students before and after school?
- This is a new service at CCA for the 2020-2021 school year. Students may be dropped off as early as 7:30 AM and may be picked up as late at 5:30 PM. Families commit by the month for care before and after school. Please contact the school office for monthly rates. There is a drop off rate by the day for those last minute emergencies that come up.
- Are students required to wear a school uniform?
- Yes, students in all grades wear an approved school uniform. Uniforms may be purchased conveniently using the French Toast website at frenchtoast.com. More information can be found on the Uniforms tab under Resources.
- Does CCA provide lunch for students?
- CCA does not provide lunch each day. Students are asked to pack a lunch along with snacks if they are in before or after school care.
- What type of curriculum is used in the classroom?
- What is the average number of students per grade?
- The average number of students per grade is 7.
- What is the average class size?
- The average class size is 13 students.
- What type of school is Chestertown Christian Academy?
- Chestertown Christian Academy is a Christian school that is a ministry of Chestertown Baptist Church. Students do not have to be of Baptist faith and students from all denominations are encouraged to apply.
- What accreditations does Chestertown Christian Academy have?
- We are accredited through the American Association of Christian Schools (AACS), the North American Christian School Accreditation Agency (NACSAA), and the National Council for Private School Accreditation (NCPSA).
- Is Financial Aid available?
- Yes, financial aid is available through the Patriot Fund. This is a new initiative to help families in our community provide their children with a Christian education.
- Does CCA provide transportation?
- CCA does not currently provide transportation. Parents have been surveyed in the past and prefer to provide their own transportation to reduce the overall cost.
- Does CCA offer accommodations for students?
- Chestertown Christian Academy will attempt to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified students. To the extent that such a request does not cause a fundamental alteration to the school’s programs and the extent to which it does not create an undue hardship. In order to request accommodations, a student must be identified as having a disability by providing the principal with documentation of the condition from a qualified professional, such as a physician, psychiatrist, or psychologist. Upon receipt of a diagnosis and recommendations, we will communicate with the parent to obtain additional information or discuss the request’s circumstances. Examples of accommodations made for students include appropriate classroom locations, student location in the classroom, extended time on tests, and dispensing medication through the office.