Are you accredited?
Chestertown Christian Academy is fully accredited through the American Association of Christian Schools (AACS), the North American Christian School Accreditation Agency (NACSAA), and the National Council for Private School Accreditation (NCPSA).
What is our mission?
Awaken a delight in learning by providing an atmosphere of encouragement and academic challenges that inspires students to reach their God-given potential.
What are the qualifications of your staff?
All of our teachers are required to maintain certification through the American Association of Christian Schools.
What curriculums do you use?
We use a mixture of Abeka Book and Bob Jones University Press.
Is your campus secure
We maintain locked doors, utilize surveillance cameras, and practice security drills. Our security director provides up-to-date training for all staff and students to ensure our campus is as safe and secure as possible.
What is the cut-off date for Pre-K and Kindergarten?
To enter K4 & K5, the student must be at that age level before September 1. For example, a child must be four years old before September 1 to enter K4 and five years old before September 1 to enter kindergarten.
Does your school provide special education services?
We do not offer special education services.
What sports are included in your program?
Chestertown Christian Academy is a member of the Delaware Valley Christian Athletic Conference. Boys and girls in grades 6-12 compete in soccer, volleyball, basketball, cheerleading, and run club.
Do you have a lunch program?
We do offer a hot lunch program four days a week. Microwaves are also available for student use during lunch periods.
What grades are available?
Grades K4 through 12 are offered.
Do you integrate technology into your classrooms?
Our classrooms are equipped with audio and visual technologies. Students in grades 1-10 will take a required computer course. All high school students are issued a Chromebook.
What are the graduation requirements?
Chestertown Christian Academy is a fully accredited institution, both regionally and nationally. Students who graduate from CCA have fulfilled all requirements set by the state of Maryland for a diploma OR a college-preparatory diploma.
What is the admission process?
- Please note that this process may take some time, depending on the institution from which the student is transferring. The first step is to apply via the “Apply Online” tab.
- Meeting with the Admissions Director- This is usually done during a campus tour. While informal, this meeting will allow the Director to determine if your child is prepared to join our campus and if CCA will fit your child’s academic needs.
- Entrance Testing- Each student entering grades 3-12 is required to take an entrance exam. While online, this testing is required to be taken on our campus. Testing usually takes 2 to 3 hours.
- Record Request- Chestertown Christian Academy will send a record release form to the most recent school attended. This step usually takes the most time. In some cases, receiving the student’s entire record will take months. Parents can expedite this process by taking a copy of the sealed record release to the school.
- Head of Academy Interview- Each student and at least one of their guardians will have to complete an interview with our Head of Academy. This interview is formal and will take upwards of a half-an-hour.
- Application Review- Once all items have been received and testing completed, the admissions team will review the information and recommend admittance or denial.
Do you require a uniform?
Yes, we currently use the uniform company French Toast.
Do you offer Extended Care?
Yes, Before Care begins at 6:30 am, and After Care ends at 5:30 pm.
What standardized testing do you use?
Students in grades 3 through 10 take the Iowa Basic Skills test yearly.